Many of you know that a little over a year ago, Matthew Hartz and I set out to create an online music school.
We started talking about it in October 2012 (as I was wrapping up my fiddle tune a day project), and by the second week of January this year, we were ready to launch the website.
We launched myTalentForge.com with about 35 fiddle lessons, none of which had sheet music yet. Over the past 11 months, we have come pretty far. We now have:
- 4 Teachers: me, Matthew Hartz, Daniel Carwile, and Dr. David “Doc” Wallace. I am so blessed to have such awesome teacher musicians to work with. If you aren’t familiar with these guys, click their link to learn who they are.
- 130 Lessons live, and most of them have sheet music as well as slow and fast lead and accompaniment audio. Many of these are oriented toward technique in addition to tons of Tune Lessons. And, we have 2 series in process that will be up on the site soon.
- 9 Free Lessons available with more on the way.
- 4 Instruments Represented – Fiddle, Viola, Guitar, Tenor Guitar, and 5 if you Count Violin as a separate instrument. 😉
- Forums where members can ask questions of the faculty, and even post a link to a video for us to critique.
- And, we have 57 active members.
I love teaching, and coaching our students in music. I am so blessed to be a part of this project. Thank you all for being a part of my year.
Keep in touch. I love to hear from you!
ps. If you or a friend might be interested in Joining [my] Talent Forge, you ought to know about our Christmas Special.