I have spent quite a bit of time over my life contemplating the universe, and thanks to my trip to Wizard Academy in June, I put down some of these thoughts on paper. Thanks to Roy H. Williams for laying the challenge out there.
I think that most people are afraid to say what they really believe about God or Divinity because what they believe isn’t Politically Correct, or popular, but I’m going to put it out there anyway. I don’t expect you to agree with me, but I hope that you will be inspired to ruminate, and maybe post your own beliefs.
- I believe that there is a God, and I am not God.
- I believe that humans did not create the universe, nor did it create itself.
- I believe that everything happens for a reason, not that everything is necessarily part of a divine plan.
- I believe that Man has free will, and a tendency to screw things up.
- I believe that there are absolute truths and falsehoods.
- I believe that if you are open to divine guidance, you can receive it.
- I believe that if you live as if unto the glory of God and do unto others as you would have them do unto you, it always pays off in the long run.
Sam Seaton says
I believe your on the right path.