Vivan J. Wickam
- To operate with integrity in all that I do.
- To do everything I do to the best of my ability.
- To surround myself with brilliant and inspiring people.
- To create technology that enables great ideas to create positive change.
- To be a thought leader in the area of Music – Human Interaction.
- To inspire teachers and children in music.
Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering
University of Evansville, Evansville, IN
Graduation Date: Spring 1999
Grade Point Average: 3.63 on a 4.0 scale
Founder March 2013 to Present
- Create Online Music School
- Foster Community of Fiddle and Violin Students
- Guide and Execute Online Strategies.
President/CEO March 2010 to Present
Wickam Group, LLC, Loveland, CO
- Consult with Clients on their Business Direction
- Manage Online Technology for clients
- Manage Online Marketing Strategy and implementation for clients
- Create and oversee development of exceptional WordPress Websites
- Utilize Genesis Theme Framework for WordPress
- Create Magento based eCommerce Websites
Partner March, 2008 to December, 2016
Zello Partners, LLC, Evansville, IN/Fort Collins, CO
- Create Strategic Marketing Plans for clients
- Generate outstanding online revenue growth for clients
- Manage Online Advertising
- Manage Search Optimization
- Manage Web Development Projects
- Manage Social Media Campaigns
President/CEO May, 1997 to September, 2009
On-Site Computer Solutions, Evansville, IN
- Create direction and vision
- Generate growth (30% average annual growth for 12 years)
- Manage operations.
- Manage Client Projects
- Develop strategic plans to help clients use technology to their benefit.
- Create Systems of Best Practices for Network Services
- Create sales by recognizing client needs and developing suitable solutions
- Manage advertising, including production of online, radio, TV, and print advertising
- Design, Install and Support Networks (Windows 2008, 2003 , 2000, NT Server, Linux, UNIX, Wireless, peer to peer)
- Design, Develop, and Market Web-Sites, including E-Commerce.
- Perform Technology Training
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software
- Create Business Direction
- Create Systems and Standards to Facilitate Growth
- Adept at Strategic Planning
- Manage Internet Database Development Projects
- Manage Website Development Projects
- Manage Internet Marketing Campaigns
- Manage Organic Search Optimization
- Manage Server Deployments
- Manage Network Migrations
- Network Design
- Enterprise Virus, Spam Filtering, and Security Applications
- Remote Access Technologies (SSH, VPN, Terminal Services (Remote Desktop), Citrix)
- Windows (Server and Desktop)
- UNIX (Linux, AIX, SunOS, SCO)
- HTML, CSS
- UNIX shell scripting
- Visual Basic
- C, C++
- Small C, Keil C (for 8031 family of microcontrollers)
- 8086 Assembly language
American Legacy Fishing Company
When we started working with American Legacy Fishing Company, they already had a healthy ecommerce business selling high-end fishing gear over the internet. Approximately 70% of their business came via eBay, with the remainder coming via their ecommerce website.
Over the course of 10 years working with American Legacy, we have improved their revenue by increasing their online sales more than 5 fold. Moreover, the majority of the growth has been through their ecommerce website. Since we started working with American Legacy, their online sales have grown more than 25 fold.
Our strategies for creating this growth have included: search engine optimization, Implementing Google Analytics with ecommerce tracking, conversion monitoring and optimization, social marketing, blog creation twitter, email newsletter, and custom programming to improve user experience.
When we began working with Cash-Pro, a debt collection agency, their 30 PC/3 Server network was in serious need of updating and standardization. They had no Windows server to manage their windows desktop computers on their network, and we in need of implementing procedures, policies, and standards to meet their security compliance requirements.
During the process of working with Cash-Pro, we have implemented File System encryption on their servers and laptops, and setup encryption for all of their network communications. We implemented centrally administered, patch management and corporate antivirus. We also ensured that their network and website complied with PCI standards. We setup a process for auditing their servers on a monthly basis, and ensuring that backups are completing successfully, windows patches are being deployed to all systems, and that Antivirus is up-to-date on all of the computers on the network. We created a backup and disaster recovery plan including nightly synchronization between their primary application server, and the hot spare. We created processes for managing user accounts, verifying backups, managing computer hardware, and other critical IT processes. As a result of our standardization, and network improvements, Cash-Pro realized substantial performance and uptime increases while decreasing management costs, minimizing network downtime, and meeting compliance requirements.
Activities and Awards:
- Vice Chair of Loveland Communications Advisory Board 2019-present
- Member of Loveland Communications Advisory Board 2018-present
- Secretary/Treasurer of AFM Local 1000 (2017-2019)
- Voting Member of National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (2017-present)
- Member of American String Teachers Association (2016-present)
- Member of AFM Local 1000 – The Traveling Musicians Union (2014-Present)
- Thompson School District Science Fair Judge 2017
- Speaker for 2011 Creative Careers Festival
- Speaker at TEDx Fort Collins
- Speaker at Ignite Fort Collins
- Keynote Speaker for 2002 University of Evansville Engineering Banquet
- Mentor in UE Alumni Mentoring Program – Partners in the Evansville Experience
- Member of Steering Committee: UE Engineering Entrepreneurship Program
- Featured in UE Magazine
- Computer Expert for local NBC Affiliate Call in show (14WFIE)
- Judge for University of Evansville Senior Projects
- Judge University of Evansville Entrepreneurship Competition
- Created a network of local computer professionals (Evansville Gurus)
- Dean’s List
- University of Evansville Computer Engineering Scholarship Winner
- Elks Club National Scholarship Winner
On-Site Computer Solutions
- Primary Incorporator
- Member of the Board of Directors
- Strategic Advisor
- Performing Fiddler and Vocalist
- Music Educator
- Composer, Producer, and Arranger
- Recording Session Musician
- Co-Produced Whiskey Chickens Country Band Album “Baked Not Fried” 2018
- “Armadillo on a Hot Tin Roof” reached #4 on the Folk Radio Chart April 2018, and Stayed in the top 40 for 5 months.
- Produced Duet Album “Armadillo on a Hot Tin Roof” with Justin Branum 2017
- Co-Produced Duet Album “Not My Monkey” with Steve Eulberg 2016
- Produced Album “Twas the Night Before Christmas” 2016
- National Fiddle Contest Runner Up (Adult Division) 2015
- Produced and Arranged Country Single “Someone Like You” 2014
- Co-Produced Duet Album “Old School Old-Time” with Steve Eulberg 2012
- Produced and Recorded Solo Album “Long Time Comin’” 2011
- Board of Directors Member: Colorado Old-Time Fiddlers’ Association
- Played Violin in Church Praise and Worship Band
- Past Member of Bluegrass Band: Little Kenny and Neargrass Junction
- Director of the Indiana State Picking And Fiddling Championships 2008 – 2010
- Co-Chaired the 2003-2006 Newburgh Fiddler Fest Fiddle Contest
- Organize and perform in Fort Collins String Quartet
- Four-time Colorado State Fiddle Champion
- Two-time Rocky Mountain Regional Fiddle Champion
- Placed 13th in National Oldtime Fiddle Contest
- Judge National Fiddle Contest 2012
- Judge Indiana State Picking and Fiddling Contest 2007
- Judge Indiana State Fair Fiddle Contest
- Judge Western Open Fiddle Championships
- Judge Grand Lake National Fiddle Contest
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia National Music Fraternity – Alumni member
- Featured in December 2005 issue of “The Sinfonian” magazine
- Winner of Phi Mu Alpha Scholarship 1996
- Ushering Chairman Spring 1997
- Maintained University of Evansville Phi Mu Alpha Home Page
- Performed in University Orchestra/String Ensemble
- Produced a music show that made a profit in High School